January 4, 2016
Jobs: producer Gigslutz Urban show
The Gigslutz Urban show is looking for a brand new producer to join their team as part of their bi-weekly show, which runs every other Thursday evening between 7-9pm.
The show is presented by Matt Tarr and Josh Alward and is lovingly nicknamed ‘Educating Josh’. Matt is the Urban Music Editor at respected music blog Gigslutz, as well as being a contributor at MTV, and brings some of the freshest UK urban music along to educate his good friend and ‘urban newcomer’ Josh.
Featuring a host of brand new Grime, Hip Hop, R&B and much much more, the show has also recently featured guests from the likes of Bloodline MC Milli Major to fast-rising rappers Big Tobz and SNE.
Here is a not hugely detailed list of tasks that you’d be expected to undertake:
● generating and researching ideas for content
● cleaning up tracks so that they’re suitable for airplay
● providing pre-production briefings for presenters
● responding to audience feedback, referring on to other departments as necessary
● producing and making use of user-generated content
● maintaining social media channels throughout the duration of the live show
● creating visuals to promote upcoming shows across social media platforms
● liaising with guests during live shows to ensure everything runs smoothly
This is an amazing opportunity for anyone looking to gain some brilliant experience in the radio or music industry. As part of the team, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing radio show, whilst also enjoying the perks of meeting artists, learning new skills and building your network.
You’ll be needed every other Thursday evening between 6.00pm – 9.00pm, although research and content creation etc can be done at a time that suits you, once agreed with the team. Experience would be great but is not essential. A passion for music of the urban variety is all we really ask for and an ability to work as part of our amazing team!
If you’re interested in applying contact Matt Tarr via firstname.lastname@example.org with a few lines about yourself, your experience (if any) and why you’d like the role.